[asterisk-dev] [BOUNTY] offered : Allow 256 bit SRTP cipher suites

Alexander Traud pabstraud at compuserve.com
Wed Jul 13 07:28:20 CDT 2016

>libSRTP supports the stronger cipher suites already, so I *believe* only Asterisk source code needs minor changes. Desired cipher suites:
> AES_CM_256_HMAC_SHA1_32
> AES_CM_256_HMAC_SHA1_80

It got a bit more complex because the code in Asterisk expected a fixed key length of 30 bytes. Furthermore on egress, Asterisk offered just a single crypto suite, which would have made it incompatible with legacy implementations. Anyway, there you go:
<https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26190>

If you need a backport to Asterisk 11, just ask. However, please, motivate why you cannot update to Asterisk 13, yet.