[asterisk-dev] Attn: pjproject packagers

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Tue Feb 23 17:44:35 CST 2016

If you package pjproject for your distribution, you should take a look at
the "Building and Installing pjproject"
<https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Building+and+Installing+pjproject>
​ page on the Asterisk Wiki.  I've updated it with more information,
especially pertaining to pjproject's default limits.  Of particular note is
the setting of
​
PJ_IOQUEUE_MAX_HANDLES
​ which sets the limit of simultaneous TCP/TLS connections.  The default of
64​ is probably OK for a client app but not for a server.  I'm also working
with Teluu to enable the use of epoll instead of select on Linux systems
which will remove that limit altogether.

Which brings me to a question...  Are you guys OK with packaging pjproject
for server use instead of it's intended client app use?

george