[asterisk-dev] ast_safe_system() from within chan_sip.c

Pedro Guillem [e-Mediate] pg at e-mediate.co
Mon Feb 22 10:06:35 CST 2016

Hi Folks

I haven´t used C in a decade so i´m kind of rusty, but I understand the
advanced basics of it.

I know there is a function called ast_safe_system() declared on asterisk.c
used to perform system calls.

I need chan_sip.c to call a local program each time a registration is
unsuccessful.

I know the exact line of chan_sip.c where I can trigger this system call,
but I don´t know if I can use ast_safe_system()  from within a function of
chan_sip.c.

Any ideas?

Should I include an additional header files to chan_sip.c in order to call
this function?

Best

Pedro

PS: Yeah.. most of you will probably ask why on earth would I want to do
that..

Quick answer is I don´t want to modify chan_sip.c that much in order to do
something like keeping an unsuccessful register count
 so i´d rather
delegate that to a third party script

---