[asterisk-dev] Subscription behavior when an incoming registration goes away?

George Joseph gjoseph at digium.com
Thu Dec 22 09:32:45 CST 2016

When an incoming registration goes away, either because it expires or it
was explicitly expired, what should we do with subscriptions the contact
may have?  Right now we do nothing which means that activity for those
subscriptions will trigger NOTIFYs which will time out and retry until
timer_b expires.  Only then will they be deleted.

Should we:

   - Leave the behavior as is?
   - Automatically remove the subscriptions for a contact that has been
   deleted?
   - Create a global option to control auto deletion?
   - Create an aor option to control auto deletion?

Opinions?

--
George Joseph
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer