[asterisk-dev] app_queue: member not removed from pending_members

Tomec Martin tomec at ipex.cz
Fri Dec 9 14:25:42 CST 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Joshua Colp
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2016 4:00 PM
To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] app_queue: member not removed from pending_members

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016, at 10:56 AM, Tomec Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> there are still cases, when member is not removed from pending_members,
> for example in this issue:
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26621
> There was patch to prevent this (https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/3744/1)
> but it does not cover all cases.
> For now I think that the most reliable solution would be to add timestamp
> and timeout for pending_members entries.
> Before writing patch, I would like to ask - have somebody any better
> idea?

While this should work eventually, depending on timeout value, I think
we need to understand precisely the scenarios where stuff is failing to
find the real solution. It may be that the original change just isn't
viable and needs to be reverted.

Thanks for quick reply.
I submited a patch which solved at least this issue (26621).
It should be safe to remove pending member in do_hang()
and it is definitely better than timeout.
Martin

--
Joshua Colp