[asterisk-dev] Cannot set CallerId on outgoing call

sven.evensen at teletopia.com sven.evensen at teletopia.com
Fri Dec 9 08:54:54 CST 2016

Hi All,

I have a scenario where an incoming external call comes into Asterisk
and into my Stasis application, I there check my database to find the
destination so I can route the call there. I follow the recommended
procedure:
1. Create bridge
2. Create channel for outbound call
3. Add incoming channel to bridge
4. Add outbound channel to bridge
5. Dial() destination.

I have Asterisk 14.1 and I use Ari4Java. I try to set some channel
variables before the Dial(), both "SIPFROMUSER" and "CALLERID(num)".
These values I can see when the call proceeds and I receive Dial
events. So it seems Ari4java is doing the right thing. But no matter
what, the second outbound call gets the callerId of the inbound call.

Has anyone been able to do what I am attempting. It seems like a very
normal feature, should be possible.

Regards,

Sven