[asterisk-dev] BRIDGEPEER on multi-party conferences: Thoughts?

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Wed Aug 10 10:52:28 CDT 2016

An alternative could be to set BRIDGEPEER to something like "multi-party",
"conference", or the bridge ID if there are more than two participants.
This way, the only channel you have to set a variable on is the one
joining/leaving the bridge, which means you are not having to lock the
bridge at all. Yes, there would likely be a special case for when the
number of channels first goes from 2 to 3, but the majority of the time,
that's not what would be happening. This way, you still get the VarSet when
the channel enters and leaves, and you have a non-empty value for
BRIDGEPEER when the channel is with multiple parties in a bridge. You won't
get VarSets on the other channels in a bridge when a channel enters or
leaves, though. I'm not sure if that's something that people rely on or not.