[asterisk-dev] Configuring Request URI with outbound proxyu

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Apr 13 15:17:01 CDT 2016

> On 13 Apr 2016, at 22:05, Nitesh Bansal <nitesh.bansal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I want to use Asterisk to use Kamailio as an outbound proxy for routing calls to remote SIP end points, one option could be to use a default peer, but in my case, my outbound proxy can change
> based on the remote end point, so this option doesn't work.
> And another problem is that I don't know how to configure Asterisk to prepare the Request-URI
> based on the remote end point and not based on the outbound proxy address?
>
> What is the best way to do it?

First, you are asking the wrong mailing list. This is not second-level support - this is for development and code questions.

If you are using chan_sip, there is a setting of outbound proxy per peer. There are settings
for domain - both in r-uri (host) and from URI domain.

If you set host=example.com <http://example.com/> and outbound proxy to example.net <http://example.net/> the SIP request will
have example.com <http://example.com/> in the R-uri and send the request to example.net <http://example.net/>

Good luck working with Kamailio!

/Olle