[asterisk-dev] contrib/realtime sources

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Oct 16 15:41:23 CDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 12:16 PM, James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:

> JC> That's correct, they are produced as part of the release process
> JC> itself and not kept under version control. What produces the schemas
> JC> is alembic. Alembic can also be used directly against a database.
>
> Apologies for not completing my thought.
>
> I meant to add: [Given all of that,] where is the code which uses
> alembic to generate the sql files during the release process?
>
> I don't see any explicit calls when running git grep alembic.  And th
> wiki page ignores anything other than using alembic to access a db
> directly.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -JimC
> --

Hi James:

All of the release scripts are in the repotools repository [1]. The
one you're looking for specifically is alembic_creator.py [2], which
is invoked by mkrelease.py [3].

Note that the repotools project is also an open source project, so if
you see something in there that you'd like to propose for a change,
patches are always welcome on Gerrit!

Matt

[1] http://git.asterisk.org/gitweb/?p=asterisk/repotools.git;a=tree
[2] http://git.asterisk.org/gitweb/?p=asterisk/repotools.git;a=blob;f=alembic_creator.py;hb=HEAD