[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Unregister/Register Causes Phone to become Unreachable

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Oct 2 08:21:10 CDT 2015

On 15-10-02 10:11 AM, Ross Beer wrote:

> I've disabled the res_pjsip_registrar_expire module and asterisk still
> loops though all of the endpoints showing: Endpoint XXXXXXXXXXX is now
> Unreachable
>
> Is there a way I can disable asterisk from doing this? It's not
> efficient to firstly loop though all of the endpoints and to remove the
> contacts from another instance.
>
>   It does appear to have stopped further de-registrations between peers,
> which is great news.

Not without modifying the code. When is it doing this? At start?

>  > >
>  > > Is it also possible to only cache devices that register to a server
>  > > instead of accessing all endpoints on reload?
>  >
>  > I don't understand what you mean by cache.
>
> With the new cache it stores information when the devices are accessed.
> I think the way around caching at start-up would be to stop asterisk
> looping through all endpoints. I guess asterisk should only need to get
> peers that require 'qualify' or outbound registrations instead of
> retrieving all endpoints. This would make the start-up more efficient,
> at the moment it's taking Asterisk 13 around 2 mins to start!!
>
> Would it be possible to filter endpoints based on the above criteria at
> start-up?

Outbound registrations are separate from endpoints, endpoints aren't
retrieved as a result of it. As for endpoints not really. The sorcery
layer (and realtime itself) doesn't allow you to specify constraints to
that degree, only if a field is a specific value. In the case of qualify
it's not off or on.

>  >
>  > >
>  > > Ideally we would like to store a 'regserv' value, as with the previous
>  > > chan_sip driver.
>  >
>  > This does not currently exist in the PJSIP functionality.
>
> I'm happy to develop this feature, its just another column in the
> 'contact' table and setting the value to the host name.
>
> I'm happy for another instance to remove the contact, if a device
> registers to it.

I'm sure others would welcome this addition as well.

--
Joshua Colp