[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Docker Containers: Phase 1

Corey Farrell git at cfware.com
Tue Nov 24 16:26:04 CST 2015

Leif,

Thanks for explaining I should have read your blog post before replying to
Jared's email about the RPM's.  I didn't realize EPEL was that strict with
version freezes to stay with a no longer supported version.

I do not know too much about Docker yet but I took a look anyways.  Can
variables be used in Dockerfile.asterisk?  The idea is to be able to use a
new version of Asterisk without having to update the version on 40 lines.
Also when someone forks your GIT repo to add/remove packages from the
install list, they won't face 'git rebase' conflicts after you update the
version.

Thanks,
Corey