[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Beacon Module Proposal

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue May 12 12:47:02 CDT 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 11:15:40AM -0600, George Joseph wrote:

> The only volatile stats to be reported were active/total calls and I'd be
> willing to give that up to keep the process simple.   Even if we did keep
> the calls, and it reported a few times a day I still don't see the need for
>  the complexity.   I don't want to have to set up cron jobs and worry about
> extra services or have to go through exposing new APIs.  In the time we've
> been discussing this, a basic module that does what we needed could have
> been written.

The "API":

  asterisk stats dump [noreset]

By default the stats will be collected (unless disabled at build time) -
the overhead for collecting them seems small enough (right?). However as
long as they are not dumped, nothing is reported to the Big Brother.

Dumps current stats (to standard output) and resets counters.

Setting up a cron job is simple. And this removes complexity from the
Asterisk process. It also removes unnecessary network connectivity from
the Asterisk process, and simplifies settings of whatever network
settings.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com