[asterisk-dev] Journald support for Asterisk

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue May 12 09:00:35 CDT 2015

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Bruce Ferrell <bferrell at baywinds.org> wrote:

> systemd and journald SUCK to high heaven.  I have no idea if the issues I've had with them (OpenSUSE) are distro related or inherent.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I find systemd/journald very nice.
I'd welcome having Asterisk log directly to journald as an option.  I
wouldn't support dropping other logging methods because there are
systems that don't have journald, or their admins would prefer some
other logging method.

> I have seen that the implementation of apache with a static systemd/journald module will no longer correctly serve content.

The Apache httpd mod_journald is very new so it's not surprising that
there are bugs.

> It also breaks fail2ban site security.

As a point of fact, journald support was added to fail2ban over a year
ago, and works quite well.

--
Jeff Ollie