[asterisk-dev] [IAX] Need for LAGRQ and LAGRP

Yousf Ateya y.ateya at starkbits.com
Mon Mar 9 17:03:19 CDT 2015

While browsing some pcap captures of IAX channel, I found many LAGRQ and
LAGRP packets (once per 10 seconds for each call).

So, I traced LAGRQ and LAGRP use in code and found that it is almost
useless; it sets iaxs[fr->callno]->lag which is not used anywhere else.

Almost same functionality (calculate lag) can be achieved using PING/PONG.

Is it left for RFC-compatability only? Or there something I didn't notice?

--
Yousf Ateya,

--

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged,