[asterisk-dev] text2wav in ARI

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Jun 17 08:20:51 CDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:17 AM, Sumesh M S <sumeshms at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to know is there a way to use Festival (text2wav) in ARI with
> JavaScript or PHP. Or is there any alternative solution for text to wave
> conversion with ARI?

Currently, there isn't a way to do this with ARI. Some discussion
about this feature has occurred on the asterisk-app-dev mailing list,
as well as at AstriDevCons. It's currently on a list of features that
people have expressed an interest in:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/ARI+Feature+Wish-list

If you'd be interested in writing said feature, folks on the mailing
list could certainly help point you in the right direction.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Director of Technology