[asterisk-dev] Asterisk with socket.io

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Jan 30 09:55:19 CST 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 8:17 PM, Vipul Rastogi
<vipul.rastogi at temasys.com.sg> wrote:
> Thanks Dan. Do you have any example file to suggest how to use it. I am
> looking for code lines which I can use in our app to connect, send and
> receive from Nodejs applications.

As Dan already pointed out, it is a module in an external repo, and is
not currently part of Asterisk. If you wanted to integrate a socket.io
transport with some API - say, for example, ARI - you'd have to do
that work yourself.

As it is, ARI does use WebSockets, and can be integrated quite well
with node.js already. If you're interested, a client library exists
for that purpose:

https://github.com/asterisk/node-ari-client

--
Matthew Jordan