[asterisk-dev] How to catch the source of a deadlock?

Yousf Ateya y.ateya at starkbits.com
Tue Jan 27 11:04:16 CST 2015

Yes, and I supplied the debug logs in the issue ASTERISK-24478
<https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-24478> . I was trying to
find a solution to this bug.

What I am doing now is to run asterisk in debugger (gdb); but it prints
TONs of debug message.
That is why I am looking fot any way to catch the cause of dead locks.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Russell Bryant <russell at russellbryant.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 7:01 AM, Yousf Ateya <y.ateya at starkbits.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear,
>>
>> While investigating iax2 bug ASTERISK-24478
>> <https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-24478?focusedCommentId=224584&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-224584>;
>> I found some dead locks. Which happens very often in my setup.
>>
>> I tried to debug the problem to know why this deadlock happens; but each
>> time I got lost in huge logs and many scheduler/astobj2 details.
>>
>> Is there any efficient way to debug deadlocks in asterisk?
>>

> Have you seen the DEBUG_THREADS compile time option and the "core show
> locks" CLI command?
>

> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/CLI+commands+useful+for+debugging
>
> --
> Russell Bryant
>
> --

Yousf Ateya,
StarkBits
www.starkbits.com

--

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged,