[asterisk-dev] PJSIP_AOR and PJSIP_CONTACT Dialplan Functions

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jan 5 06:47:15 CST 2015

George Joseph wrote:

<snip>

> Why not...
> ${PJSIP_CONTACT(sip:alice at 10.24.19.55:5060
> <http://sip:alice@10.24.19.55:5060>)} => useful information! Including
> useragent. *AND ACTIVE CHANNEL IF ANY.*
>
> Skip the rest if you only need to know if in use.

It has pros and cons. It's easy and useful from a user perspective. From
an implementation perspective it introduces a point at session
setup/teardown where an exclusive lock has to be taken on a global
container (remember, contacts may or may not be in memory and are
immutable). It also means that if a scenario arises where the same
Contact exists across different AORs then all channels will show up on
all of them (even if different endpoint/AOR). This may be right, this
may be wrong. It depends. It also means we would have to make the rules
for matching of the Contact between the one on the AOR and the one in
the session.

--
Joshua Colp