[asterisk-dev] DNS Support in Asterisk

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Feb 9 11:19:10 CST 2015

Greetings All,

One topic that came up at AstriDevCon this year (my my, how time has
flown by) was DNS support[1]. This included both that provided by PJSIP
and DNS support in Asterisk in general. I've created a wiki page[2]
which covers a bit of how DNS in Asterisk has evolved, shortcomings core
usage has as well as PJSIP, how modules use DNS, and potential ways to
improve things going forward. While I've proposed the solution I think
strikes the best balance between concerns I'd like to hear more thoughts
and discuss what we think is the best option for the project going
forward. Thoughts?

Cheers,

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/AstriDevCon+2014
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/~jcolp/DNS+Support+in+Asterisk