[asterisk-dev] chan_xxx for BSSAP interface at Ainterface of GSM

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Feb 5 08:36:31 CST 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:44 PM, Treesa Fairy Joseph <treesa at cdot.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>       I am trying to use asterisk, for GSM calls. I am trying to route GSM
> calls from the A interface (interface between BSC and
> MSC) through asterisk server, so that later I can
> send it through soft switch. I want to know if  there is
> any chan_xxx module, in the channels directory
> of the asterisk, which will simulate the BSSAP interface
> (This is the protocol stack at A interface (between BSC
> and MSC) for a GSM call.), like chan_sip simulates the
> SIP interface?

I'm not aware of an included channel driver with Asterisk that will
handle that particular protocol stack.

There may be a channel driver produced by a third party that is able
to handle that protocol stack. Barring a kind person who is aware of
such a driver replying to this thread, Google is your best option in
that particular case.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan