[asterisk-dev] Asterisk - 13.6.0 - While bring up Asterisk seeing error "undefined symbol":

Boobalan M boobalan.mb at plintron.com
Thu Dec 31 06:20:54 CST 2015

Hi Team,

We are encountering below issue often when try to make asterisk up.

"

[Dec 31 13:31:35] WARNING[17782]: loader.c:553 load_dynamic_module: Error
/usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/app_voicemail.so: undefined symbol:
ast_say_date_with_format

"

This issue we can able to solve rebuilding whole asterisk only. But some
times, rebuild also doesn't work.

Both Asterisk logs and symbols details of one of the
modules(app_voicemail.so) from error list are attached.

We could see "ast_say_date_with_format" is marked as undefined . This we are
saying from "nm --demangle app_voicemail.so" output. But I am not sure why
it often comes.

Can you please suggestion on this to sort it out since we are facing this
issue very often.

Thanks & Regards,

Boobalan.M

Developer - Java

Mobile : +91 9629540717

E-Mail  : boobalan.mb at plintron.com

 <http://www.plintron.com> www.plintron.com

option_3.jpg

Go green. Save Paper. Please consider the environment before printing.

The information transmitted, including any attachments, is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged Information. If you are not the intended recipient, you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail for other use. Please
notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.

WARNING: Viruses or any Malicious Injections can be transmitted via email.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence
of Viruses or any Malicious Injections. The company accepts no liability for
any damage caused by any Malicious Injections or Viruses transmitted by this
email.