[asterisk-dev] SIP channel X Local Channel

Gabriel Ortiz Lour ortiz.admin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:00:17 CST 2015

Hi all,

  Having trouble with understanding how chan_sip relates with chan_local. I
know I'm using a very old asterisk version (1.8.19.0) but here is what I'm
trying to do:

  I'm using "use_q850_reason" to transport de HANGUPCAUSE from one * box to
another, as I can see in the 2nd * log:

">> Using Reason header for cause code: 50"

This number (50) came from the HANGUPCAUSE i've set on the 1st * box.

The thing is that I used the AMI to generate a call using a Local channel,
and I would like to receive that number in the "Reason" field of the
OriginateResponse, so I would know the HANGUPCAUSE of the 1st * box.

The problem is that the SIP channel in the case is never answered, I'm
fighting with the code on chan_sip function "handle_response" and in the
channel.c "__ast_request_and_dial", but I can't find where the two channels
relate, where to get the "50" that I need...!

Anyone could help me with some pointers on that?

Thanks.
Gabriel