[asterisk-dev] ODBC improvements: Community opinions requested

Brad Watkins marquis42 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 14:22:19 CST 2015

My preference, certainly, would be the removal of code and allowing
unixODBC to "do its job".  But I also can't speak with any authority about
its fitness for purpose.  I've used unixODBC connection pooling and never
had any issues, but that's merely anecdotal.  I'd definitely like to hear
from other folks about their experiences before saying it's the right way
forward.

Assuming there are no major blockers with using unixODBC's connection
pooling, there is still the issue of end user training.  But given the
potentially positive impact such a change would have, I think it's worth
it.  We'd want to ensure that CHANGES and other documentation was updated
to reflect the change, obviously.

Regards,
- Brad