[asterisk-dev] Zuul, Bamboo, and Co. Failed?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Sat Aug 29 13:31:47 CDT 2015

On 15-08-29 03:26 PM, Alexander Traud wrote:
> <https://jenkins.asterisk.org/jenkins/job/check-asterisk/635/>
>> git remote set-url origin https://gerrit.asterisk.org/asterisk
>> fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>> Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
>> Recording test results
>> Publisher hudson.tasks.junit.JUnitResultArchiver aborted due to exception
>> hudson.AbortException: No test report files were found. Configuration error?
>
> Easy to answer for those who know - mystery for those who do not know:
>
> I noticed Zuul gave me a fail on verification on Gerrit. However this time,
> I do not understand the above console output. Asterisk Team, please, look
> into job 635 and tell me what I did wrong, and where I find a human-readable
> message next time.

In this case the git clone on the agent became corrupted somehow. I
wiped it away so it'll do a clean one.

> Since my previous commits, Bamboo mailed me eight times with results of the
> Asterisk Test Suite. Sometimes my change is listed, sometimes my name is
> listed, sometimes I do not see me at all. In all cases, I looked into the
> test results and tried to understand it. I did not. Was/is that anything I
> should care of? Or do I get a separate notice when my commit is a problem?

If check-asterisk passes then you're fine. The above problem was an
agent issue.

> Are the Asterisk Test Suite and/or the Asterisk Unit Tests something I have
> to run before I submit a patch for review? Last time, when Zuul bailed, I
> had an issue with an unit test, yes. However, a lot of cases do fail for me.
> Looks like I have to double-check only those tests in my area; and compare
> with the result before applying my patch/change. Do I understand that
> correctly?

Ideally it's nice to run the testsuite yourself to catch stuff. Right
now on each review it will usually only do a build/unit test check.
We're still working on getting the testsuite to a point where it will
run reliably for Jenkins.

--
Joshua Colp