[asterisk-dev] Review Request: Sorcery Caching

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Thu Apr 30 11:09:30 CDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:28 AM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:

> Kia ora,
>
> I've created a wiki page[1] which details the beginnings of a basic memory
> based caching wizard for sorcery. Right now while caching is possible using
> the existing memory wizard it's not possible to define object lifetimes, so
> once cached it's always pulled from the cache. This wiki page uses the
> memory wizard as a base but defines options which can tweak the behavior.
> Going forward this could serve as a basis for other wizards to be created
> for caching purposes.
>
> Some things to consider:
> 1. How much control and flexibility should we allow?
> 2. Are there additional mechanisms that should be exposed to allow
> explicit object expiration?
> 3. Are the defaults sane?
> 4. Is there additional testing that should be done?
> 5. Does anything need additional explanation?
>
> Cheers,
>
> [1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/~jcolp/Sorcery+Caching

I didn't see any mention of writes.  What happens to create, update and
delete operations given that the concrete wizard behind the caching wizard
may or may not support them?

I also wonder if a variation on this theme might help us consolidate some
of the contact and contact_status issues.  I'm working on a separate email
for that though.