[asterisk-dev] A Week with GIT/Gerrit

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Thu Apr 16 17:11:14 CDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 6:00 PM, George Joseph <george.joseph at fairview5.com>
wrote:

> Something I've noticed though is that dependencies get messed up when
> cherry-picking a series of dependent patches.   Look at my patches 46, 47,
> 48 for master.  If I cherry-pick 48 to my local repo, I get all 3 which is
> good because I can't test any without all 3.  BUT now look at 43, 44, 45
> for 13.  When I check out 45, I get only 45 which is an issue.  Maybe this
> is just an artifact of this being the first time with this scenario but
> it's something to look out for.

This is likely because for 13, the changes were cherry picked individually
as changes against HEAD of 13.  They need to be set up as 3 commits in a
series on top of 13 and submitted that way.  Backporting in that case will
need to be done locally to preserve those dependencies instead of clicking
the cherry-pick buttons.

--
Russell Bryant