[asterisk-dev] Git Migration update

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Apr 13 18:02:17 CDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 5:52 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 1:57 AM, George Joseph
> <george.joseph at fairview5.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

<snip>

Further updates after Day 2 (3?):

1. Due to popular request, the code review e-mails (which were nearing
spam levels) are going to be redirected to a new mailing list. The new
mailing lists is "asterisk-code-review" - see
http://lists.digium.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-code-review

2. All branches should have .gitignore/.gitreview files, including 1.8/12

3. Versions should be reported correctly in Git branches. A review is
up now to get the Test Suite understanding things.

Items on the short-list to figure out:

1. Backport menuselect into 1.8, 11, and 12

2. Fix (or investigate) build failures that occur when switching
between branches. I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this yet,
but "./configure && make" tends to get stuck on menuselect rather
hard, and I'll have to run a 'make clean' to get things moving again,
which is weird.

3. Fix 'make update'

4. Document how to push to team branches, and make sure that works as expected

5. Update the Gerrit web links module to point to our instructions on Git/Gerrit

6. Tackle the repotools release-summary scripts

There's plenty more after that, but that's on my short-term punch
list. If anyone would like to look at any of those items (apart from
the muck with Gerrit modules item, at any rate), feel free to help
yourself :-)

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Director of Technology