[asterisk-dev] How to get peer review for patch to deprecated module (was: Re: [asterisk-users] Help debugging a possible SIP channel leak in 11.17.0, possible race condition)

Alex Villacís Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Sat Apr 11 16:31:58 CDT 2015

El 10/04/15 a las 14:16, Alex Villací­s Lasso escribió:
> El 08/04/15 a las 08:22, Vinicius Fontes escribió:
>> Have you tried Asterisk 13? The bridging mechanism has been
>> completely rewritten on Asterisk 12, so there's no longer channel
>> masquerading and zombie channels. Might be worth a try.
>>
> Sorry, this client is very hard to talk into stopping its operations
> long enough to install changes, let alone a major Asterisk version
> change. I already had trouble convincing him of the need to install a
> debugging version with DEBUG_THREADS enabled.
After reviewing a "core show locks" output, I am very sure I have hit an
Asterisk bug involving a deadlock in cdr_mysql . When doing a "core
reload" on the CLI, cdr_mysql calls ast_cdr_unregister() with its
internal lock held (mysql_lock). However, writing a CDR involves
adquiring the cdr lock and then the internal lock. Therefore, deadlock.
None of the other cdr modules does that.

However, I know that cdr_mysql is currently deprecated for Asterisk 11.
I have a patch to fix the issue mentioned above (attached), but I want
to know how to get it reviewed, if only to see whether the fix is sane.