[asterisk-dev] DNS work :: IDNA domäner ;-)

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 7 15:06:12 CDT 2015

An additional decision to be made:

Do we need to support IDNA in asterisk or not?

If I want to set up a sip trunk do blåbärsmjölk.ästerisk.org - do I add that in the config file?

For those that create web interfaces to asterisk - should they do the conversion or will Asterisk?

There are now IDNA TLD's, so this is not a theoretical question, it will quickly become very real.

We can either say that we should have the punyencoded string in all configuration files and databases or
do the conversion in our code.

We also need to check this for TLS certificates - we need to use the punyencoded strings for cert verification
for servers.

/O