[asterisk-dev] Opinions Needed: Case sensitivity in config file section names

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Tue Sep 23 15:47:59 CDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 1:47 PM, George Joseph
<george.joseph at fairview5.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Paul Belanger
>> <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:

> <snip>

>>> For me, case sensitive.  Because I config files that do have:
>>>
>>> [Foo]
>>>
>>> [foo]
>>>
>>> [fOO]
>>>
>>> don't ask, long story.
>>>

> Which file?  I'd like to test a before and after scenario to make sure
> whatever I change still works.

My example was chan_sip, we mostly use MAC address for categories.
I'd have to review my notes, but I actually think there is a bug
(which you'll likely tell me), if you change the case of the category
and reload chan_sip, asterisk does not detect the change.  You have
stop / start asterisk.

>> And it currently works? :-D
>>
>> (Just kidding)
>>
>> If that is the case, then obviously any change we make here should be done
>> to trunk only.
>>
>> I'll leave the impending case-war to others... :-)
>>

> Ok, I think I'll fix the ones that are definitely broken so they do case
> sensitive first then fall back to case insensitive.   That should preserve
> the current behavior.
>

> --

Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)