[asterisk-dev] udptl ports

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sun Sep 14 10:08:06 CDT 2014

>> In a report which I received, ast 1.8 used the same port which it had
>> been using to originate rtp also to originate the udptl.  (The other
>> side used and advertised the same port in the re-INVITE negotiation
>> which it had used and advertised in the initial INVITE.)

JC> Asterisk won't send from the same port. They are two different
JC> ranges. If it went through a NAT, though, then the external mapping
JC> COULD reuse the port depending on how it operates.

The asterisk in the pcap is not in a nat.  And it certainly did use the
same src port for the t38 as it had been using for the rtp.  The dst
ports were different -- each was correctly sent to the other side's
advertised port -- but both came from the same src.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6