[asterisk-dev] udptl ports

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri Sep 12 15:21:34 CDT 2014

Does asterisk intend to try to do symmetric for udptl?

In a report which I received, ast 1.8 used the same port which it had
been using to originate rtp also to originate the udptl.  (The other
side used and advertised the same port in the re-INVITE negotiation
which it had used and advertised in the initial INVITE.)

I don’t see anything in the rfcs or in t.38 which requires that either
send send from the same port it advertises to receive, but did I miss
anything?

Nor do not see any relevant differences between chan_sip in 1.8 vs 11,
so is this expected?

Thanks,

-JimC
--