[asterisk-dev] AstriDevCon 2014:Agenda item Deprecate AMI/AGI (Ben Klang)

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Oct 27 14:32:18 CDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Paul Albrecht <palbrecht at glccom.com> wrote:

> The reason the dial plan can never be deprecated is because Asterisk wouldn’t be Asterisk without the dial plan. Sure, you could re-engineer Asterisk so that it would be “better" for a small select group of users at the expense of the majority of community that use the product as designed for the purpose it was originally intended. However, you’re either very naive or delusional if you think the community is going to follow you down that path. Do you really believe the community is going simply chuck their dial plans and walk away from their investment in Asterisk? Not likely, dude.

My comment/question wasn't really about dial plans, per se.  My
question was about you insisting that Digium make such unqualified
promises about the future of Asterisk.  Even though Digium is a
private company, I believe that they are still bound by U.S. laws
regarding forward-looking statements[1].

So even if they wanted to (which I doubt), there's no way you're going
to get the promise that you're looking for.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward-looking_statement

--
Jeff Ollie