[asterisk-dev] Git Migration

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Fri Oct 17 13:55:48 CDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Leif Madsen
<lmadsen at thinkingphones.com> wrote:
> I'm not adding much to the conversation, other than to echo both Russell and
> Paul that what they've described works very well. At Thinking Phones we
> moved to this same model as well from a subversion based system. The
> management of our reviews (which didn't exist really before) and the
> deployment of code, automatic merging, and integration into GitHub for
> branching and pull requests.
>
> The fact that Openstack is essentially managing the tools for you is kind of
> nice too :)
>
> I can give some feedback at AstriCon on what we like and don't like as well,
> especially since I have some familiarity with the Asterisk release process
> :)

Just a follow up to the thread, I've created an example project[1]
within the kickstand-project infrastructure based on opticron's
working git repo of the testsuite.  Please review the puppet
manifests[2] if you want to see how the import was done.  With our
working system, it was basically a 5min job to pull the project into
our system.  The first commit into the asterisk-testsuite-temporary
repo was to import the gitreview[3] file. With this file in place, now
a developer simply uses the git-review application to preform code
reviews.

Some interesting URLs people will need:

Gerrit (code review): http://review.kickstand-project.org
Git repo (read-only):
https://github.com/kickstandproject/asterisk-testsuite-temporary
Jenkins (CI): http://jenkins.kickstand-project.org
Zuul (trunk gating system): http://zuul.kickstand-project.org

Since this is a temp project, I'll keep it around a week or two after
astricon.  It so people and play and see how the workflow could work.
I'm sure we'll talk a little about it at astricon.

[1] https://github.com/kickstandproject/asterisk-testsuite-temporary
[2] https://github.com/kickstandproject/kickstandproject-ci-puppet/commit/f96fdd825e905c48d9cdf109c06c06ca8f90d0a1
[3] http://review.kickstand-project.org/#/c/839/
[4] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/git-review