[asterisk-dev] asterisk-testsuite: linux-only

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Mon Oct 13 11:28:05 CDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Tzafrir Cohen
> <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I finally got the asterisk-testsuite accpted into Debian (I know, I need
> > to get it updated).
> >
> > And just as it entered Unstable, it already got 3 bug reports on build
> > failures: http://bugs.debian.org/src:asterisk-testsuite
> >
> > Notable of them is: https://bugs.debian.org/764906
> >
> > Basically asttest fails to build on non-linux platforms due to the use
> > of <linux/limits.h> (for using e.g. PATH_MAX.
> >
> > What should I do on other platforms?
> >
> > * Try to rewrite the code to avoid using PATH_MAX (for instance, HURD
> >   does not have this limit), or:
> >
> > * If the platform is not Linux, don't build asttest and don't run Lua
> >   tests (is it used for Python ones as well?)
> >

> While I'm okay with either option, I think it is important to note
> that we (a) almost never write tests in Lua any more (in fact, I'd say
> we actively discourage it), and (b) have been migrating the tests from
> Lua to Python for some time.
>
> I don't think you lose much coverage by going with your second option.

Just FYI...  asttest is still used by the following tests:

tests/channels/SIP/rfc2833_dtmf_detect
tests/channels/SIP/handle_response_refer
tests/channels/SIP/tcpauthtimeout
tests/channels/SIP/sip_channel_params
tests/channels/SIP/tcpauthlimit
tests/apps/queues/macro_gosub_test
tests/apps/queues/ringinuse_and_pause
tests/apps/queues/ringinuse_and_pause
tests/apps/queues/queue_baseline
tests/apps/queues/position_priority_maxlen
tests/apps/queues/wrapup_time
tests/apps/queues/wrapup_time
tests/fax/sip/local_channel_t38_queryoption
tests/cdr/app_queue
tests/cdr/app_dial_G_flag
tests/manager/response-time
tests/manager/authlimit
tests/manager/authtimeout
tests/manager/action-events-response
tests/span-alarms

You're also going to have to do some work on it to get it to even compile
on Lua 5.2.