[asterisk-dev] Asterisk ARI improper usage pattern for channels REST API

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:33:34 CDT 2014

Hi Guys,

  While working on PHPARI, I've come to a realization that the channels
REST API
has a slight issue - primarily, its usage of the "priority" member in the
REST API.

  Currently, the specification states that "priority" is either "int" or
"long" (depending
on the request).

  The problem with that is for someone like myself, who codes dialplan in
AEL or
using the "same => n," or the "exten => _X.,n," methodology - we have no
visibility
of priority numbers - we use labels.

  I'm not that familiar with the ARI part of the Asterisk code yet, as I'm
focused on how
to actually work with it, but this is somewhat of a show stopper in my
book, as all my
existing code relies heavily on label usage.

  Btw, I tried pushing a label into the REST interface, got a 500 error -
which means
it's designed to work with numbers and not labels.

Regards,
  Nir S