[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 14 - Remote URI Playback

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Nov 4 12:09:36 CST 2014

Hey everyone -

One of the action items on the list from AstriDevCon was to flesh out
some of the ARI feature proposals that had been made for Asterisk 13.
I've just finished putting together a draft of the first one for
Remote URI Playback. You can find the proposal page here:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+14+Project+-+URI+Media+Playback

Ben Langfeld has already given some excellent feedback on the proposed
approach; I'd encourage everyone to chime in on the page as there are
some interesting edge cases that have to be considered for the
feature.

If you'd like to participate in the development and/or testing, please
let me know either by replying to this e-mail or by commenting on the
wiki page.

Thanks!

Matt

--