[asterisk-dev] Digium TE820 on BSD: bunch of missed interrupts

Łukasz Wójcik lukasz.wojcik at zoho.com
Wed May 14 02:57:29 CDT 2014

Hello there,

I am developing custom DAHDI-based solution on FreeBSD. My work is based
on already working DAHDI port by Max Khon, called dahdi-kmod26.

I am using TE820 8-port Digium cards in HDLC mode. The problem I am
observing is that starting from the very beginning (just after loading
dahdi modules) latency bumps quickly up to it's max (127ms) and never
goes down. After turning on debugging messages, I observe flood of
Missed interrupt messages.

My guess is that it is because interrupt handling routine takes too much
time to complete. I made sure interrupts are not shared, but it did not
change anything. Then I tried setting 'ms_per_irq' to 2,4,8 and 16. That
did not change anything either.

I do not have access to hardware manual, so I am unsure of how exactly
interrupts handling should work in this case.

I would appreciate any clues and suggestions on how to improve the
latency situation.

Also, could anyone explain what exactly 'rxident' is ?

Sincerely,
-LW