[asterisk-dev] ISDN UDI Call with Dial command

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Thu May 8 18:17:36 CDT 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Pawel Pastuszak <pawelpastuszak at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have notice that if i uses Dial(DAHDI/g1d/1234) the d option doesn't get to chan_dahi but if i uses originate with d option i see the UDI call but not with dial can some help why is this?
>

> Example of the originate
>
> channel originate dahdi/g1d/$number3 extension s at udi
>

> Example of my dialplan
>
> [udicall]
>
> exten => _XX.,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=1244)
>
> exten => _XX.,n,Dial(Dahdi/g1d/1234)
>

> My call is to set the callerid on an Data Call (UDI).

The 'd' option is very esoteric.  Its purpose is for use with originated
calls
because that is the only place where an originated call can specify that
the outgoing call legs need digital transfer capability.

Using the Dial application is going to get the 'd' option overridden by the
calling channel executing the application because the transfer capability
of the outgoing channel must match the incoming channel executing the
Dial application.

This question should have been asked on the asterisk-users list as it
has nothing to do with the development of Asterisk itself.

Richard