[asterisk-dev] magic number 128- for concurrent meetme monitoring calls.

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Fri Mar 14 10:53:14 CDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Shaun Ruffell <sruffell at digium.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 02:40:22PM +0100, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

>> > Interesting, I missed that discussion, can you sum it up to a
>> > few lines while I look for the thread?
>>
>> Did not find it either. We had big issues when running hundreds of meetme's.
>> Someone on the Dahdi teem confirmed and had no solution, so we had to move
>> to app_konference, which is not a fun place either.
>
> I think this is the thread:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.pbx.asterisk.devel/51750
>
> But basically, there is still a fixed number of conferences DAHDI
> can support since that is still stored as an array in the code and
> not a dynamic list.  The current limit is 1024 [1].
>
> [1] https://github.com/asterisk/dahdi-linux/blob/master/include/dahdi/user.h#L294
>
> FYI, that DAHDI_MAX_SPANS and DAHDI_MAX_CHANNELS in
> include/dahdi/user.h are only for legacy userspace. As far as the
> kernel is concerned, there is no longer a fixed upper bound on the
> number of spans or channels. This work for channels was done as part
> of the dahdi channel hotplug work.

Interesting, thanks checking them out.  Based on some initial testing,
we seen a 2 to 1 performance increase switching from app_meetme to
app_confbridge, so interesting to read about some other limits we
didn't hit.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)