[asterisk-dev] app_queue: periodic-announce-frequency is not (always) respected for head-of-the-queue caller

Stefano Lucetti stefano.lucetti at netresults.it
Wed Jun 25 17:36:11 CDT 2014

----- Messaggio originale -----

Hi Matt,
 I see the point, and that makes sense.. However, in 1.8-cert (app_queue
Rev. 376303), periodic announcements *are* actually played to first
listener in the queue.. just with the wrong  timing, driven by timeouts ..

The say_periodic_announcement() was added in the wait_for_answer() in
r386792, actually solving the timing issue rather than adding the feature
(as far as I see)..

There shouldn't be anything wrong in porting that commit to certified, I'll
let you know the results..

Thank you
Stefano

PS: As a side effect of r386792, it should also be safe to remove the call to
say_periodic_announce() in queue_exec()..