[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8.26.1 - Dial command, option z

Mark Wiater mark.wiater at greybeam.com
Thu Jun 12 13:48:49 CDT 2014

Hello.

I'm running several instances of Asterisk 1.8.26.1 (and previous 1.8)
with local Polycom phones. There are occasions where users want to
forward their Polycoms to their cell phones, with the desired affect of
the cell phone voicemail picking up when the cell is not answered.

But that's not happening, instead Asterisk is timing out the dial and
continuing in the dialplan.

My dial command is *

*exten => _XXXX,n,dial(SIP/${EXTEN},25,z)

I see the 302 from the phone, and the "Now Forwarding" message and the
actual call to the forward destination being placed.

The cell phone rings a few times and then I see

         VERBOSE[32180] app_dial.c: [Jun 11 08:10:24]     -- Nobody
picked up in 25000 ms

in the console.

If I change the dial timeout to 30 seconds instead of 25, everything
works as expected.  Am I using the z option incorrectly?

core show application dial says:

  * |z|- On a call forward, cancel any dial timeout which has been set
    for this call.

This is the initial call the documentation is referring to, right?

Thanks

Mark