[asterisk-dev] ari-py websocket connection issue

Thomas McMahon thmcmahon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 21:33:08 CDT 2014

Hi all

I'm excited to build a new web app using the ARI, however I'm having some
issues using the ari-py library with python.

I'm trying to get up and running with the ari-py library. The REST side of
things is working great, I can create channels, do stuff to those channels,
no problems.

However, I can't get any of the example code in the ari-py repository to
run because the websocket aspect doesn't work for me.

When I run a 'client.run(apps='hello')' (hello being the name of the app in
the dialplan, all I get back is 'No JSON object could be decoded'. Have you
seen this error before, is there something I'm doing wrong? To me it seems
like it's hanging because it's not receiving any messages, but my
understanding is that this is a function that waits until it has received a
message before it does anything.

When I just use the python websocket-client library, I can connect to the
websocket of ari just fine. It just doesn't work with the library.

Cheers

Tom