[asterisk-dev] Sip call consciously without audio - MSRP

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jun 3 08:17:09 CDT 2014

On 03 Jun 2014, at 15:12, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

>> If there are any plans to support MSRP in Asterisk, it would provide another
>> reason to support callswithout audio.
>>

> MSRP would be cool, but I don't have any plans to work on that during
> the next few months. However, I can't speak for everyone in the
> community - and planning for the future is always a good idea.

To be honest I fail to see the real benefit here. MSRP is p2p and may need a MSRP relay,
but what an Asterisk should do in an MSRP call beats me. Like with XMPP, we can start
chat bots, but that hasn't really happened during all the years we've had XMPP support.

There are better MSRP relays than Asterisk can possibly be out there.

I must be missing something important in your thinking Gunnar - so please tell me!

/O