[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] 3707: asterisk.pc file contains a spacing error in CFlags

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Wed Jul 9 17:29:47 CDT 2014

On 07/09/2014 06:29 AM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 12:02:35PM -0000, Diederik de Groot wrote:
>
>> Which should have been:
>> Cflags: -I/usr/include/libxml2 -g3
> Off-topic: what is libxml2 needed for?
>
> $ ls -F /usr/include/libxml2/
> libxml/
>
> $ grep -r libxml include/asterisk*
> [ Nothing ]

It is used for two things that I know of:

1) The biggest task is creating XML documentation for applications,
functions, AMI commands, and AMI events.
2) In chan_sip, if you have libxml2 installed, then it is used to parse
incoming PIDF XML bodies of SIP PUBLISH requests that suspend call
completion subscriptions.