[asterisk-dev] Fwd: [asterisk-commits] tzafrir: trunk r417863 - in /trunk: ./ contrib/scripts/

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jul 6 10:24:37 CDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 03:59:29PM -0400, Corey Farrell wrote:
> This change causes non-root install to fail:
> /usr/bin/install -c -d //usr/share/dahdi/span_config.d
> /usr/bin/install: cannot create directory ‘//usr/share/dahdi’: Permission denied

Nitpicking:

* A non-root install to a DESTDIR does not fail (or I would have noticed
  it.
* The first slash of the '//' is not required and should be removed.

> Note I do not have DAHDI on this system.  Maybe this should only
> install if chan_dahdi is enabled?  Even with chan_dahdi enabled we
> should not break non-root builds (./configure
> --prefix=${HOME}/somelocaldir).

Installing the file to ${prefix}/share/dahdi probably does not make
sense, as /usr here is the prefix of DAHDI.

So I think that the fix is to only install it if the prefix is /usr .
Any better idea?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com