[asterisk-dev] [HELP]: Auto-answering calls placed from call files

Steve McCann srmccann at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 10:41:09 CST 2014

Hello All,

I'm trying to have an automated call to an Aastra SIP phone and have the
call auto-answeredby the phone. I know that a SIP call placed to the phone
can be auto-answered if a certain SIP header is added to the call. I am
able to apply the SIP headers manually and get that working (using
SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: info=alert-autoanswer) in the dialplan, but for
call files, I don't seem to be able to edit any of the sip headers - there
is only basic customizations allowed to setup the calls.

Does anyone know how I could place automated outgoing calls that would have
the proper sip headers added to it that would allow the call to be
auto-answered?

I've also posted this question to the forums here:
http://forums.asterisk.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=89190

Many thanks,
Steve