[asterisk-dev] Media Format Work

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jan 27 09:32:12 CST 2014

On 14-01-27 11:28 AM, Nitesh Bansal wrote:
> Hello,

Greetings,

> This media format related work seems really exciting. I had been
> thinking about making some changes on my own to avoid audio/video
> transcoding between two end points, when they share a common codec.
> I would like to know that the work which you are doing for this, how
> feasible it would be to back port your changes on asterisk 11.

The core of it is not really 12 or trunk specific, although it uses some
stuff only available there (vectors). Changing every other part of
Asterisk to use it and keeping that up to date... that's where it
becomes infeasible.

Right now this code also doesn't impact negotiation itself although it
makes more information available when such action has to occur.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp