[asterisk-dev] res_pjsip: MWI subscription missing name

Kevin Harwell kharwell at digium.com
Fri Jan 17 17:03:02 CST 2014

Greetings,

When a subscription to MWI comes into the res_pjsip_mwi module it will
attempt to extract an "aor_name" from the URI on the request.  Currently
a warning message is logged and the request is rejected if a suitable
AoR cannot be found by the given name.

But what should happen if the request URI doesn't contain the name to
begin with, but just the address?

Currently the best solution that was thought of (by Mark Michelson) is
(1) to just subscribe to all AoRs for the endpoint.  I like this
solution because a) it will work, b) it seems intuitive so easy for
users to understand c) it is the least ugly as far as any configuration
goes and least invasive as far as code changes go.

Other options potentially include:

(2) Use the contact - but then if a contact is part of multiple AoRs
then what?

(3) Attempt some sort of intersection between all AoRs on the endpoint
and those associated with the contact and use a best guess.  This isn't
bad and may narrow things down a bit more, but the results may be
unexpected (at least from a user perspective).

(4) Just use the mailboxes on the endpoint.  But what if they don't want
unsolicited MWI?

(5) Some other idea?

I'll probably go with option one barring any other ideas.  I can also
add a configuration option on the endpoint to turn this on/off if people
feel that is warranted.

Thanks!

--
Kevin Harwell