[asterisk-dev] API?

Gaston Draque gaston.draque at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 15:22:08 CST 2014

Glen,
   I believe your question is better suited for the asterisk-users list.
That being said, the configuration files are an API to the Asterisk
dialplan (for extensions) and the voicemail application you are talking
about. Maybe you could try and use the Asterisk Realtime Arquitecture (ARA)
[ https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Realtime+Database+Configuration ]
for the kind of configurations you are describing. On top of that you can
build you own tools. But it really depends on what you define as "etc". Etc
can go a long way!
  If you are looking for a single one-size-fits-all API for Asterisk (upto
11), there isn't one.
  For Asterisk 12 you might find Asterisk ARI interesting [
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Getting+Started+with+ARI]
Cheers,
Gaston Draque

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Glen Millard <info at linuxwurx.info> wrote:

> Hello Folks;
>
> I have an Asterisk server
> Asterisk 11.7.0 built by root @xxxxxxxxxxx on a x86_64 running Linux on
> 2013-12-27 18:47:44 UTC
>
> No FreePBX, no AsteriskNOW, no Elastix. Just Asterisk.
>
> Is there an API out there that anyone knows of that I can pass commands,
> etc to Asterisk? Creating Extensions, adding voicemail users, setting up
> voicemail, etc?
>
> I'm kind of clueless. Is there something available?
>
> Thanks - Glen
>
> --

{
  "fullName" : "Gaston Draque"
  "email"    : "gaston.draque at gmail.com"
  "twitter"  : "@gdraque"
  "google+"  : "google.com/+gastondraque"
  "linkedIn" : "http://www.linkedin.com/in/draque"
  "tags"     : ["uc communications","telecom integrator","voip","software
development"]
}